About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Falmouth, Jamaica - Bus Tour

Good morning,

Today's pictures are courtesy of my daughter, Catherine.  Catherine and Aunt Carol took the bus tour of Falmouth, Jamaica, and were kind enough to share these pictures with us. 
As I looked at the pictures that Catherine shared, I had to notice the vast differences in the way the people live here.
Ah, even the famous James Bond was here!


 This huge luxury home was under construction.
 And, just down the street there was a craft market...
 ...and local transport.
 Here's another lovely home under construction...
 ...and another sea side home that has been completed.
 What a beautiful place. 

All the best,
Lois

6 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Haven't been to Jamaica yet, been meaning to go.

Anonymous said...

From poverty to rich and the famous.

I was there in Jamaica.

The bus tour was not a good experience for any of us.

The driver and his money collectors wanted more money from the Canadians and the Americans. Us.

No deal.


When we got off that day for a tour.

Oh one would not believe how we can get scammed of the mercy of the poor. If your not aware.

I would of never , ever thought it in a million years.

Have eyes open and watch the small talk.

My camera got stolen from under my nose.

TexWisGirl said...

at least there are some well-to-do folk settling there.

Montanagirl said...

Those homes under construction are mind-blowing. Very impressive! Loved the shot of the local transportation! lol

Elaine said...

I've enjoyed Catherine's and your many photos of the beautiful tropical ports the ship visits.

When we stopped in Jamaica on the cruise we were on we took the bus to Dunn's River Falls, and that excursion took up the whole day. The Falls were wonderful, and I did manage the climb, but I'm sure I couldn't do it now, so I'm glad we did it.

Whenever we've visited places like Jamaica or Mexico I've found the contrast between the way the people live and the luxury of the tourist areas a bit disturbing. However, the tourist industry provides livelihoods for a great many people, so in that respect it's good for their economy. I always wonder what the locals think of the "wealthy" Americans who visit.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Jamaica is certainly a land of contrasts.