About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Unknown Artwork

Good morning,

Have you ever come across a piece of art and have no information about it or if it is worth anything?  Of course, it has nostalgic value because it hung in my parents' home for many, many years.

My digital image above has somewhat more vibrant colors than the original painting, I believe is a watercolor.
Here's a close up of the signature.  Japanese?
The painting was framed by Suder's Art Store in Cincinnati, probably in the 1930's.

Does anyone have any insight into this lovely piece?

Thanks!

Lois

8 comments:

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a pretty piece of artwork Lois. You could take it to a gallery as they might have an idea of the artist and value. You never know. You may have a pricey treasure! :)

Beth said...

Lois, all I know is that this is a lovely piece of art!

Diana said...

It really is beautiful Lois. Makes me want to be there! I wouldn't know how to find out more info on it but you can certainly enjoy it in the meantime! Love Di ♥

TexWisGirl said...

i immediately thought it was asian art. beautiful!

Michelle said...

It is quite beautiful. I agree with Pamela and would take it to a gallery.

Christine said...

So very pretty, but I don't have a clue! Hope you find so info on it.

MarkD60 said...

Very nice, I like it!

Rose said...

Oh, wow, that is beautiful...I would love to know the artist, etc.