About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Sophie the Service Dog

Good morning,

Meet Sophie the Service Dog!  I asked this gentleman if I could take a picture of his dog and he was kind enough to agree.  The dog is on board as a companion to his son.

It is so terrific that service dogs are accommodated on board.

All the best,
Lois

11 comments:

Kathy said...

These dogs are amazing. You know that we're all wondering: Where do they go potty?

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Kathy,

There is a special area on deck 4, which is outside, in the aft part of the ship for dogs when we have them on board. The step-in box is large enough for comfort for even a large dog and is lined with plastic, then straw that can be changed quickly and easily when used. The area is also large enough for the dogs to run and play every now and then when they are "off duty."

Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment.

Best,
Lois

Jan n Jer said...

How nice to allow service animals on board.

TexWisGirl said...

that's awesome.

Marit Johanne said...

It is great that they even have an area for dogs on the ship! I have only been on short visits lately and not commenting. But I have followed your drive, and I liked the concrete spaghetti! Well, I like better beautiful landscapes, but they were very interesting! Have a nice journey on the sea :)

Pamela Gordon said...

That is wonderful! He's a beautiful dog. And thanks for answering Kathy's question. I wondered too. :)

Rose said...

He is a beautiful dog...and yes, it is wonderful that he can be there.

Montanagirl said...

That's a nice photo of him and the dog. Ya, where "do" they go potty? I think you've told us before, but I can't remember.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dog and the gentlemen is a very handome man.

Nice he let you snap.

Elaine said...

Good that they take of the canine helpers!

Tanya said...

That's really neat that dogs are welcome on board! I gather a cat wouldn't be too happy there though... My dog loves the car, my cats hate it.