About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Playing on the River

Good morning,

Here are a few more river shots.  This had to be a blast for the two kids on the raft on the Ohio River.
But, Mom was standing by holding a rope attached to the raft while the kids were channeling Mark Twain characters.
What fun!
Yes, I am sure there are some parents who will have fits seeing this and I will probably get some comments from people who don't agree, but it looks like fun to me. Of course, I'm married to a guy who played with his friends on ice flows in Oslo Fjord when he was a kid and his Mom wasn't watching.  ;)

 Enjoy,
Lois

19 comments:

VP said...

It is great to play along the banks of a river, but it could be tricky and dangerous sometimes...

Diana said...

It looked like fun to me too!
Love Di ♥

Montanagirl said...

I'd feel better about it if I saw they had life jackets on. But they do look like they're having fun.

Gail said...

Looks like fun. Glad Mom had the rope.

Wonderful capture.

TexWisGirl said...

i think it's great. :)

Rose said...

Oh, I would have been doing it, too...looks like a blast....but being older I might be nervous if I was watching Lorelei do it. LOL I don't know when I changed from things being fun to things still looking fun, but kind of scary.

Anonymous said...

How much fun does that look!! I'd like to be sittin' on that raft! lol Cute series!!...debbie

carol l mckenna said...

Great fun photos ~ Excellent! ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Nedra said...

I think it looks fun! (and would even give it a try at my age :)

Cindy said...

I had to smile at your photo. It's exactly something my 5 brothers would have done. I was a bit more timid but hey the boys had a lot more fun!

Gunn said...

You are still wearing t-shirts.....
Winter is on it`s way here.

Jack said...

You might say Bah Humbug! to me, but I am glad to see kids having some fun on the river. We have become so overprotective that I don't think it would be much fun growing up today.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That looks like some good fun there!

Anonymous said...

Atleast your there and have a rope.

Your Smarts lady.

That is fun.

Pride In Photos Beauty said...

Visiting from rural journal...This reminds me of Huckleberry Finn! Very cute...thanks for showing.
Laurie @ Pride in Photos

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great shots! Remind me of my childhood...

Nancy said...

Sometimes you just gotta let the kids do things that make you cringe a little as a mother. Looks like a whole lotta fun to me. :)

Marit Johanne said...

It looks fun! You know I was rowing around on my own as a child :) But we were safe in the little bay,and we were not rowing if there was strong wind out from the bay. And I think my mother was watching us more from the windows than we were aware of :) About playing on the ice, my brothers did too! I guess that was a boy-thing :)

Deere Driver said...

Kids learn nothing if they don't have experiences like this. Kuddos to the Mom!