About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fun Times at the Car Wash

Good morning,

It's a fun post today about a trip to our car wash.  I just couldn't pass up getting a picture of that sign.  Numbers one and five tickle me to no end.
Many years ago I remember having our German Shepherd puppy with us when we went through the car wash.  She got absolutely crazy when the big blue monster came at us.  No, our dogs weren't with us the day I took these pictures.
I believe our daughter has taken our current dogs, Penny and Erik through a similar car wash.  There was a car wash near the dog club and the owner was a friend. 
Here come the big brushes!
We're almost through.
The brushes have stopped enough so we can see the artwork on the walls. 
 Ooooh, he's a scary one!
 Finally, we are in the dryer. 

What you bet it will rain in the next few hours....  ;)

This was fun.

Lois

17 comments:

Christmas-etc... said...

Oh Wow! You are up bright and early!! I didn't know you had a German Shepherd!! (Forgive me if you told me and it has slipped my mind...)I've had two! Just love them! But now, we of course have Edward the cat! My Harry would have gone nuts in a car wash too... but not my first German Shepherd. He was the most secure dog ever!
This was a really fun post!
Thanks!

EG CameraGirl said...

That was a fun posy, Lois! :))

Diana said...

I'm wondering if it did rain, LOL!! It started to rain here last night. Love that sign. I'd be afraid to take my dogs through a car wash. My Ruby (Pug) barks at the t.v. when she see's windshield wipers!
Love Di ♥

VP said...

Very fun and original!

Anonymous said...

Some trip that was.

Fill your mind with Mind Stuffers

TexWisGirl said...

i like the 'duh' part of the sign. :)

Pamela Gordon said...

That was fun! I haven't been through a car wash in years. A couple of the photos look like modern art. Hubby washed and waxed the car last Monday and today I drove it in the rain. I hate to do that don't you?

Montanagirl said...

Fun! Love the art on the walls.

Kathy said...

It was always such fun to watch my grandson when he was baby during a ride through one of these car washes. He was alternately fascinated and frightened. Did you ever see the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Cheryl got out of the car while inside the car wash. I still laugh just thinking about it.

Ellie said...

I remember going through these carwashes when my girls were wee. I had one that loved it and one that was terrified of it. I quickly decided not to take the terrified one back :))

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Yes, dogs and young children shouldn't be taken through the car wash. Otherwise it is a nice respite if all by yourself.

Michelle said...

This brings back memories of going through these as a child!

Marit Johanne said...

Great pictures!

Olive Knitting said...

ahhhh....once again you remind me of some of the things I miss from the US!
PS. the new items in your etsy shop are awesome. I love the doggie sweater

Lynn said...

Fun pics! And you just reminded me that I need to make a trip to the car wash too! Happy Monday:@)

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative photography ~ fun post ~ (A Creative Harbor)

thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

Rose said...

Oh, I can just see forgetting to do #5...