About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, April 2, 2023

Evening Visitor

 Good morning,

Early yesterday evening I snapped these images of a bird at our bird feeder.  If anyone can identify this beauty, please let us know what kind of bird it is.

I had put bread on the bird feeder platform and the birds just love it.  Before someone tells me the preservatives in the bread aren't good for birds, I'll assure you there are no preservatives in this bread.  I made fresh bread today and the birds are getting bread I made from scratch a couple of days ago.  All natural ingredients.  Whenever I go out to put food into the bird feeder, there are birds up in the trees asking me what took me so long. 

 While sitting in my recliner in the living room I took the pictures with my phone camera through a glass door and screen.  Considering all that, I'm pleased with how they turned out. 

The Red Bud tree is beginning to bloom behind the bird house, too.  

So pretty!

Happy Spring!

Lois

2 comments:

Steve Willson said...

Hi, Lois. That's a female Downy Woodpecker. The males look about the same, except that they have a spot of red on the back of the head.

Lois Evensen said...

Thank you, Steve, for the identification. I appreciate your letting us know. I so enjoy this bird feeder because of the wide variety of birds that it attracts.