About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, August 20, 2018

A Very Lucky Trip to the Toy Store

Good morning,

Above you see My Honey's Toy Store.  We visit here often and walk among the rows and rows of wood, hardware, and tools.  It is always a fun visit and we never get out of there without something new. 

A couple of weeks ago as we checked out we were given a key to a treasure chest.  We were told this past Saturday would be the last day to come back and see if our key worked!  My Honey filled my name out on the back of the card that held the key.

We waited.  We returned to the store today...
I stood in line as people ahead of me tried their keys, then put the losing keys in the bowl on the right and second chance cards in the box on the left.

I stepped forward to take my turn.  My key worked!  When the box was opened I was invited to select a rolled paper naming the prize I won.

I won wood!  My Honey and I went back to the specialty wood section and he picked out some lovely wood that he'll use to make some things for our shop.

Such fun!  I should have bought a lottery ticket yesterday, too!

All the best,
Lois

No comments: