About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Yes, I am a Yarnoholic.

Good morning,

Since our vacation and my surprise hospital visit last month, I'm finally starting to feel like myself again.  So, of course, it was off to my craft room to play with yarn.  ;)  Today's images are of yarns I recently purchased, but haven't started to use yet. 

The yarn in the image above will make beautiful shawls and perhaps sweaters.  I will play with different stitches to determine what it will become.
This gorgeous yarn will make so many pretty things!  I'm sure it'll be a gorgeous sweater, hat, and other items.  I've used the same yarn in different colors so know how it will "behave" when I work with it.


When I see yarn I like, I buy it, then figure out what I'll make with it.  Most authorities on this behavior will categorize me as a yarnoholic.  ;) 

I've always said my yarn obsession is much cheaper than a shrink and definitely more healthy than alcohol or drugs! 

What's your obsession?

:),
Lois

2 comments:

MarkD60 said...

I'm terribly sorry about your yarnaholicism, the road to recover starts with the admission that you are a yarnaholic.
Don't tell anyone, but I think my wife is one too! I open a door and yarn falls out!
Perhaps there's a Twelve Step group you and she can get into!
:D
Glad you are feeling better, I didn't read about your vacation hospital trip. (I dreamt about a hospital last night, I think)

Tanya said...

I have a fabricholic problem but it could easily turn into a yarm obsession because I love running my hands over yarn in the shop. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.