About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Under the Purple People Bridge

Good morning,

While sorting pictures I came across a few from last summer that I haven't shared with you yet.  It's fun to see green leaves on the trees now, too.
I took this series of images while we were aboard a riverboat on the Ohio River passing under the Purple People Bridge at Cincinnati.
Seeds have found places to grow on the old bridge supports.
 And, plenty of drift wood piles up, too.  That old tree managed to get itself suspended there during high water.
 Beyond the driftwood is the Serpentine Wall.  I'll have more images of it tomorrow.
 This last shot is of the sun shining through the Purple People Bridge as I was looking straight up.

Ah, summer will return again - eventually.  :)

All the best,
Lois

10 comments:

Lynette said...

For a second, I thought I was reading purple-people-eater. Great series of photos and text to go with them, Lois.

TexWisGirl said...

i just like saying 'purple people bridge'. :)

Sherry said...

LOL! I'm sitting here looking at your latest post, a summer view, with the wind howling outside and the temperature in the low 20's!

Bob Bushell said...

A nice piece of waterlife, lol. But, that piece of driftwood is really makes it.

Pamela Gordon said...

Great photos Lois. I like the tree suspended on the old piers. What is the Serpentine Wall? I'm curious. :)

Montanagirl said...

That's pretty neat. Nice post, and interesting photos!

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Everyone,

This was fun - seeing pictures with green leaves.

Pamela: I'll have more pictures of the Serpentine Wall tomorrow.

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by and for your kind comments.

All the best,
Lois <-- on the way to put another log on the fire. :)

Michelle said...

I posted about spring today, so I am wishing for warmth right along with you!

Lady Jane said...

Ah warm weather. We did have a 50 degree day last week and it just made me ache for those warm days all the more. But it will come and make me appreciate it all the more. Enjoyed your post.

momto8 said...

spring is coming...doesn't feel like it here though..it is 18 degrees! can't wait for green leaves on trees!!
have a great week.