About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, November 1, 2013

Cypress Grove - Spring Grove Cemetery

Good morning,

I took these images last year about this time at Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati.
This is the Cypress Grove and is one of the most beautifully serene places I can imagine.
I remember seeing similar cypress "knees" polished and for sale at roadside shops in the South when I was  a child. 
This is the grave of a Civil War Captain with the 11th Kentucky Calvary. 

Spring Grove Cemetery is the second largest cemetery in the United States.  It is second only to Arlington National Cemetery.

All the best,
Lois





3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful knobby knees!

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful cemetery! Did not know it was the second largest.

Elaine said...

Cypress knees are new to me! Well, I guess that's because I haven't spent much time in the South, having lived on the West Coast all my life. Interesting!