About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quick Lunch - Open Face Tuna Sandwiches

Good morning,

Do you feel you are running in circles getting things done during the holidays?

It seems meal time comes quickly when we are busy and I find myself standing in the kitchen wondering what I'll make for a quick lunch so we can get back to whatever it is that we are doing.

I'm sure you make something similar, but my recipe for the open face sandwiches above is below.  I've written the recipe the way my Mom would have told us how she would make it.  Gosh, I miss her.

2 cans chunk light tuna, drained  (liquid in separate bowls, one for each of our Lab testers)
2 globs (that was a cooking term in my Mom's kitchen - I guess it's about 4 T) real mayonnaise
1/4 medium onion, diced
3 shakes celery salt (probably about 1/4 t)
1 hand full (about 1/3 cup) chopped walnuts
1 hand full (also about 1/3 cup) dried cranberries
pepper to taste (about 4 shakes in my kitchen)

Mix it all gently and serve on sliced home made bread with lettuce.  I make my bread in small half loaf pans so these are perfect finger sandwiches.

Click here for my bread recipe for Honey Egg Bread.

Now, back to knitting and wrapping presents!!!

;),
Lois

9 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

They look n sound delish!

Judy said...

I love a good open faced tuna sandwich...Yum!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so good. Can probably make it with chicken too huh?! Thanks for her Recipe!! I'll write it down just as she says! ...debbie

VP said...

I am not sure about my first comment: it has gone suddenly away...
I'll try the walnuts, it is a really good idea!

Montanagirl said...

That looks yummy!

Lady Jane said...

MMMMMMMMM that sounds and looks really good... It is nearing supper and I am hungry... Have a wonderful christmas Lois. LJ

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Mmmm, looks yummy, Lois! Will definitely try it out.

Christine said...

What a wonderful idea for lunch! They look quite yummy. Merry Christmas Lois!

Lynette said...

Informative post. Thanks. And your header photo is magnificent.