About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Train Display - Krohn Conservatory

Good morning,

The Krohn Conservatory in Cincinnati is literally right down the street (well, Parkway, actually) from where we live.  We pass it when we go downtown and we go there to visit several times a year.
There is a beautiful Christmas Train Display this year.  This is a cable car reminiscent of the old Cincinnati Incline.  For Cincinnati readers who know about the Incline, I remember it from pictures my parents took.  The Incline was long gone by the time I was born.  ;)
There are familiar structures from around the world.
And, above is a wonderful train that slowly winds its way around the room.

 Even Thomas the Tank Engine is here!
 And, Thomas brought some friends.
 This little cable car has the emblem of the Cincinnati parks on the side.

 What a fun display!

 I walked around several times and kept taking pictures from different angles.
 Then I spotted a replica of the building in which I was standing almost hidden among the flowers.
 I'm so glad we stopped in today and I hope you've enjoyed the images, too.

All the best,
Lois

12 comments:

Wanda..... said...

Your post brought back many memories of visiting Krohn Conservatory and Eden Park, Lois. The Coleus plants in the display remind me of ones my grandmother always grew on the window sills, while we lived in Cincinnati on Pike Street. I believe there are beautiful expensive condominiums there now. In the early 50's one could see remnants of an incline across the river in KY... as a child it amazed me.

Nedra said...

We have friends that are very into trains. They would love this post.
Nice to see you are all ready for the holiday, with the tree decorated and yummy pot roast out of the oven.
Merry Christmas!

Lynette said...

Fabulous post, totally fabulous. And there was an incline in Portland in the past, I've learned. Thanks for a great one, Lois.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love model trains and conservatories and I just can't imagine what they would be put together.

Great post.

TexWisGirl said...

that's an incredible display! so neat!

Jan n Jer said...

Awesome...what a beautiful train display! I enjoyed all you photos, thanks for sharing and Have yourself a Merry little Christmas!

Sherry said...

I would love to see this in person. I've always had a fascination with toy train set ups.

Anonymous said...

What a fun place THAT is !!!!Bob still has his train set from when he was a little boy and it still works!! Merry christmas!! ...debbie

Gunn said...

What a great place, so full of beautiful and interesting things.
I hope you have had/still have a
GOD JUL / MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Greetings from Gunn
Stavanger

Elaine said...

As you can see, I am catching up slowly on blog reading. The last few weeks have been busy and didn't allow much time for reading or commenting.

I love the train display! We've visited several big conservatories like this and I would love to have one close enough to drop in several times a year to see the seasonal changes.

Deere Driver said...

What fun!

Deere Driver said...

What neat fun!