About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, December 9, 2013

A Beautiful Birthday

Good morning,

A few days ago I celebrated another birthday.  They keep coming, but they are better than the alternative!

Seriously, my wonderful family certainly let me know I am loved.  The pretty flowers above are from My Honey...
...then we had a lovely prime rib dinner at a favorite restaurant.  I didn't get pictures of the crab cake, soup, and salad, but we had those, too.  I ordered the small serving of prime rib and still had more than I needed to eat.
And, this is my birthday present!  It's a new Brother sewing machine that does all sorts of wonderful things.  I also have the software package so I can design my own embroidery patterns.  The sewing machine is the crowning addition to my newly redesigned craft room.

My Honey is such a sweetie.  Thank you for a wonderful birthday celebration.

This image above was taken recently when everything was still green outside.  As I type this, there is plenty of snow on the ground.  Welcome to changeable Cincinnati weather!

All the best,
Lois

9 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

Happy belated B.day...sounds like your family made sure it was a good one!!!

Julie Ferguson said...

Happy belated birthday Lois! It looks like you had a wonderful day.

TexWisGirl said...

happy birthday, lois!!! a new toy for you! :)

love the flowers. gorgeous color.

Montanagirl said...

Happy Birthday, Lois. The Prime Rib looks delicious, and what a wonderful birthday gift!! Oh, and the flowers are so beautiful.

Pamela Gordon said...

Happy Birthday Lois! The roses are beautiful and I'm sure you will really enjoy your new sewing machine. Blessings.

Rose said...

Happy belated birthday! The flowers are beautiful, and I can't wait to see what you make with your sewing machine!

Michelle said...

It looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

Olive Knitting said...

happy birthday! fantastic gifts!!!

Elaine said...

Happy belated birthday--with that new sewing machine, I can see that it was!