About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Work in Process This Week

Good morning,

We are still sheltering-in-place here in Ohio so there is plenty of knitting and crocheting happening all around my home.  I have a different project everywhere I am able to sit down for a few minutes during the day. 

I took the picture of the cowl above a few days ago.  I have been working through various re-writes to the classic feather and fan pattern to produce a "ripple" pattern that will work well for sweaters and other garments.  The cowl above is finished now and in the shop here.  I've also made and listed a coordinating Stylish Seaman's Hat here.  I was tempted to keep this set for myself.   
When I became comfortable with my new design, I started a sweater....
I kept the ribbed bottom for this one and it works well with the adapted pattern stitch. 
I love how this yarn changes colors and blends as I go. 
The sweater is moving along well.  I shared some pictures of it and it now has become a reserved custom order item for a regular customer.  I am designing as I go and plan to repeat the ripples on the sleeves.  This wonderful customer gives me freedom to design and create items for her.
 Also, this week I'm working on the beginning of a custom order teal Cables and Lace sweater.  This is lovely yarn, too, and flows smoothly through my fingers and over the needles.  This is also my own pattern that I have made and adapted in several different sizes quite a few times now.  There are two similar sweaters available in the shop here:  Pink, size 34-38 and Turquoise, size 44-48.
 My upstairs project is (still) making 80 flowers for another large afghan blanket.  Usually, when I am upstairs I am working on my computer so this project is moving along slowly, but surely.  These pretty cream colored flowers will be surrounded by shades of green.  Afghan Blankets are available in the shop here.

That's what is on the needles and hooks here this week as we continue to shelter-in-place and follow all CDC guidelines.  We are so very fortunate that our daughter, Catherine, is doing our grocery and other shopping for us.  We are blessed.

What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the very best,
Lois

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come See What Else We've Made!
Original and Traditional
Hand Crafted Designs
Made in the USA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: