About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Stormy Weather and Boa - Unrelated

Good morning,

Not every day at sea is bright and sunny.  I took this picture from the window of our suite while we were in Falmouth, Jamaica.  It was about 11AM and it was so dark outside it appeared to be very late in the evening.  That's quite a storm coming in from the sea. 

Fortunately, storms out here in the Caribbean usually don't last too long.  :)
And, totally unrelated to storms, I wanted to share this image of a boa that a friend knitted for me.  It is so very cool!   The black with silver trim is very dressy and perfect to wear to events on board the ship.    We folks who make hand made items have a special appreciation of items hand made by others.  Thanks, Liz!  :)

All the best,
Lois



8 comments:

Montanagirl said...

I wasn't sure what to expect when I saw the word Boa! That's beautiful, Lois!

TexWisGirl said...

that is a VERY cool boa! very frilly and unique!

VP said...

Unrelated but interesting images, it is some time since I saw a boa!

Sherry said...

When you said "boa", I wasn't sure I wanted to see it! Even pictures of snakes make my spine tingle. That is a beautiful scarf.

Home on the Range said...

A very elegant Boa - I bet you look lovely in it.

Michelle said...

I do like the look of that boa!

Pamela Gordon said...

My sister-in-law makes these scarves and has made me two. The latest is in creme and taupe, such a neutral colour as well. Have a great day!

MarkD60 said...

I thought a boa was a snake.