About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Return to Cherokee, North Carolina

Good morning,

That beautiful golden field met us in the morning outside our hotel as we loaded the car to leave Kingsland, Georgia.  By evening we would be in Cherokee, North Carolina.
The sun barely reached over the hotel roof to light the pine trees.
Just on the other side of the parking lot from the hotel was this old building.  Perhaps the chimney was a remnant of an old home.... Or, perhaps it was part of a blacksmith shop and that was an old horse barn behind it....
It was still very early as we headed North.  The sun through the trees caused a constant flickering reminiscent of an old silent movie.
 Soon we reached the South Carolina border.
 Then the North Carolina Border.  The weather was gorgeous for this trip.
 
 In Cherokee, North Carolina, we were greeted by this fellow.  He reminds me of a teddy bear I had as a child only this guy is much larger.

Tomorrow I'll share images of a place that is as much museum as it is store in Cherokee where we bought My Honey a beautiful work of art.  There are also images of quilts for my quilting friends and soaps for my soap making friends.  There are so many good things to share that I am lagging just a few days while we travel to have the time to get images downloaded, formatted, posts written, and on line.

We are truly enjoying this trip;  I hope you enjoy traveling along with us.

Very best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah, North Carolina, one of my favorite places!! So much to do there, so many friends there!! sometimes I wish I lived there...debbie

Anonymous said...

We were there a long time ago. Saw bear on the way there form the smoky mountains park.

If you liked the first movie you might like the second.

Here is a link to my 2nd movie. I am learning. I want to add sound but don't yet know how to do that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeyWtY4pqdQ

River Glorious said...

Getting kind of browner as you go more north

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hi Lois, who knows maybe one day when you are passing through South and North Carolina we can meet someplace as we are on the VA eastern shore - not exactly around the corner, but it would also mean a nice road trip for us. On second thought, perhaps we should wait until (and if) gas prices settle down a bit.

Karen said...

I am travelling with you!! every step of the way....you would make a fantstic travel agent, you sell these places so well...

grammie g said...

Hi Lois ..I have been away at my daughters taking a break from the world, so catching up.
Looks like your journey home is going great, and I will be watching to see posts of things you mentioned!!

Erin Wallace said...

The photo of the golden fields is lovely! I always enjoyed North and South Carolina when I was a kid - so much to see and so pretty.

Marit Johanne said...

It is so fun and interesting to travel with you, Lois! If it is on the sea or on the road. I am following you on your way home too!

Diana said...

I would love to be in N.C. right now Lois. I miss my daughter. I hope to get there someday to relax and have a nice visit with her. In the meantime I will enjoy it through your eyes!
Love Di ♥

Elaine said...

It's always good to be on the road home. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos from Cherokee.

Marie said...

I am looking forward to your pictures. I love our NC mountains. We have made many a trip to Cherokee but are not able to travel any more. The last time we were up that way, we saw a bear in a tree beside the road.
Love,
Marie

EG CameraGirl said...

That does look like a big bear! The weather looks perfect for traveling.

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

This is such a fun trip. Not only is there so much to see and photograph, the people are just wonderful. We love this part of the country.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words.

Very best,
Lois