About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Packing Up the Knit and Crochet Projects

Good morning,

It's packing time.  In addition to packing clothes, computers, etc., I'm packing up items I've made while away from home for the past few weeks.  These are items that I haven't already featured here with their patterns.  

Some of these pictures are of items I made and have given away.

I've given away the sets of cupcakes to my sister-in-law and other friends.

And then, there are the turtles (pattern here).

There are turtles, turtles, and even more turtles.

Most of them have crawled out of the turtle bowl, though, and have found new homes.

I have also made 80 flowers for another flower afghan (pattern here).  I have packed up the flowers to go home where I have the yarn to finish this project.

Daughter Catherine sends us care packages every week and instead of using Styrofoam packing material, she uses balls of yarn.  Very clever!  I work very hard to use it all before we leave for home.  ;)

And, finally, while we have been out here floating around I have finished a sweater for one of the kids for next Halloween.  This one is made using a Bernat pattern that I imagine is still available on their web site.  I won't say who it is for yet because I know the kids sometimes check into my blog.

This pumpkin sweater will disappear into my gift box at home until the appropriate time next year.  ;)

To the left is a sweater I made for my daughter.  It's made with my pattern published earlier here.

Other projects I have made in the last few weeks have already been featured here with my patterns.

 Still to come are several projects that I've finished and will feature here in the next days and weeks. Most of them are clothes for Ginger, my 18" doll.  She has become quite demanding!

Have I mentioned that I have a suitcase dedicated to knitting, crochet, and supplies when I travel?  ;)

Do you take needlework projects along when you travel?   I have enjoyed meeting others while away from home this time who also enjoy knit and crochet.  Some don't speak English, but we all speak needlework.  :)

I'll be back soon with more patterns.  :)  I hope you'll enjoy using some of them.

Very best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Wow! You must have knitting needles in your hands all the time to have made so many projects!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Aw, I just fell in love with your cute cute cupcakes, Lois! They are lovely!!
Have a happy weekend, ours is grey and rainy xxxx

Montanagirl said...

Love the cupcakes!

Anonymous said...

OOOH!!! I love your cuppies!! They are so so cute!! Boy! you have been one BUSY knitter!! I hope your doing this outside in the sun and not in your room!!! except in the night!! You are a talented knitter Lois!! Love the cupcakes. They are just so cute! ...debbie

Erin Wallace said...

You have been busy! Those cupcakes are adorable and I love that pumpkin sweater (Will would never take it off!).

Diana said...

Beautiful work Lois! And yes I take my crochet projects with me, especially when waiting for doctor appointments! Love Di ♥

lululan said...

Sorry because I don´t know a lot of English.This cakes are very beautiful! I like this blog so I´m going to be your follower.If you want to visit me and be my follower, my blog is this: http://kakolanak.blogspot.com/

Elaine said...

You accomplished a lot! I like the cupcakes and the turtles. I have a similiar knit turtle pincushion, but it was commercially done and not near as cute.

Tanya said...

"Some don't speak English, but we all speak needlework."

Truer words never spoken!

Lois Evensen said...

Hi everyone,

The cupcakes have been so much fun. I've given away several sets of them.

We have plenty to do while we are on board the ship, but the evenings we are not involved with ship activities I am glad to have my knitting with me as we unwind and relax.

Thank you so much for stopping by and your very kind words.

Very best,
Lois