About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lunch for the Birds in St. Thomas, U.S.V.I.

Good morning,

While ashore in St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., I spotted this lovely enjoying lunch next to a bench at Havensight Mall.
This little dove certainly wasn't afraid as I stopped to take a picture, but perhaps he was saying, "Another picture?  What's with you tourists?"
And, he went on enjoying those yummy snacks someone had left next to the bench. 

So sweet.

Enjoy,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Ah, those birds, they sure add a lot of interest and joy to our lives - not to mention photo ops!

Anonymous said...

Pretty little fella. I'm sure he appreciated the little snack some good citizen left. His lucky day!!...debbie

Diana said...

I love watching Doves, they fascinate me! Love Di ♥

Beth said...

Lois, it is so nice to visit your blog, and know that there is a place where the snow doesn't blow and the ice is only in the drinks!

Claire was thinking of your cruise; we sure appreciate your good words :-)

Beth

Elaine said...

Or perhaps he was waiting to see what your offering was. He does look a little peeved.

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

Yes, he was a tame little guy. I have a feeling he knew there was more good food if he just hung out and looked cute. I didn't have anything to give him at that moment, so I guess that's why he looked a little peeved. ;)

Thanks, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois

grammie g said...

Hi Lois..yes taking advantage of the tourist, smart bird there!!
Love the iridescent sheen of there feathers!!