About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flying Horse Art

Good morning,

This flying horse is displayed in the Windjammer Restaurant aboard Freedom of the Seas.  This piece was made by a culinary staff member by carving wax that has been melted onto a plate. 

The plate is covered with plastic wrap to keep the design protected from fingers of those that want to touch. ;)

It is always wise to carry a camera on this ship!

Enjoy,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

Diana said...

That is amazing Lois. I never would have guessed WAX!!! Love Di ♥

Montanagirl said...

I agree: I would never be without my camera. That carved horse is beautiful.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Always something new to find and a camera IS a good thing to have handy, Lois. Very well done waxing.

Christine said...

Wow that is a unique piece of art. Never thought to see something like that displayed on a dinner plate.

Elaine said...

You have some very talented culinary staff on board!

grammie g said...

Hi Lois..that is good art wook..some people are so clever!!
I don't blame them for covering it ...I'd probably want to touch it too!!

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

This great piece reminded me of the Marathon gas station flying horse from when I was a kid. I think their logo has just become their name, but we still see some of the old signs out along the highway.

Thank you so much, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois

Kelly said...

...cool!! I've never heard of carving wax...I love it!