About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Shadow Knows

Good morning,

That's Kate with her older sister's cat, Shadow.   Shadow's full name is Shadow of Merlin since he looks like Merlin who was Kate's Dad's cat many years ago.
Shadow is the most tolerant, wonderful cat with children I have ever known. 
In a house with many children he tolerates all the extra loving children can give to cats.
When he has had quite enough, he doesn't get upset.  He just moves to the window...
...and watches the birds.

Shadow is a very, very good cat.

I hope you've enjoyed meeting our Shadow.  :)

Best,
Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

Sherry said...

This was cute! I have to catch up with your posts from before and during my recent canoe trip. I'm still not totally unpacked. . . but what a fun trip! Off to work now.

Diana said...

Shadow looks like a very wise cat!
Love Di ♥

Anonymous said...

What a pretty pussy cat!! Beautiful coat and I love his white markings! Cute post!! ...debbie

Montanagirl said...

He sure is a pretty cat. My daughter (in Alaska, age 32) and her husbande have 4 kitties. They adopted all of them, and they get along beautifully together (the cats I mean).

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Shadow is a great name, especially for a cat who likes to follow everyone and being mostly black too.

Elaine said...

Shadow sounds like the perfect cat for kids. I've known many cats who like watching the birds from the window.

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful cat! I grew up with cats and have always loved them. Shadow seems to be the perfect cat indeed. Enjoyed the post very much.

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Everyone,

Welcome back, Sherry! I look forward to hearing all about your canoe trip and seeing pictures. I'll be able to download sites with pictures on Sunday when I have my Verizon connection so will be there then. Right now I get a little text in via satellite. ;)

Yes, Shadow is a perfect name. And, Shadow is not de-clawed. We don't believe in that because we want our cats to be able to defend themselves if they should happen to get outside. Shadow is an inside cat, though, and prefers to watch birds through the window.

Yes, I saw the pretty cats in Alaska, Montana, on your blog. The big grey one that reminds me of our Smoky sure does look like a Norwegian Forest Cat.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by and your kind words.

Very best,
Lois