I was delighted to receive the Versatile Blogger award from Rina at Our Slice of Heaven. Thank you so very much! I am honored!
I understand I am to tell you seven things about myself that you may not know and then name three others to receive the award. I don't know that there is much that I haven't talked about here, but there has to be something.... Hmm.... Well, here goes:
1. Although I have traveled extensively, I still live in the city where I was born.
2. I love being able to go outside to our garden and pick fresh herbs and veggies to make dinner and fresh flowers to put on the dinner table.
3. I believe those who vote should take the time to be informed about candidates and issues first. I believe those who don't vote shouldn't complain about politics.
4. I believe parents are the primary teachers of their children. Parents should raise their children to pursue their dreams and goals to be independent, productive members of society, and not expect to be supported by their government or others.
5. My favorite types of books are biographies and history.
6. I believe in families caring for their own. I am saddened by societies where the elderly are placed in homes and are forgotten by younger family members.
7. In 1972 I was a founder of a Childbirth Education and Parenting 501(c)(3) tax exempt educational organization that promoted educated childbirth, breastfeeding, and early childhood education. None of those things were popular at the time. Through 20 years we were wildly successful. Now all of these things are main stream.
Wow, that was a challenge to come up with seven things I don't think I have written about here before.
I will nominate the following to also receive this award. I enjoy their blogs tremendously and feel they are the perfect candidates for the Versatile Blogger Award:
Debbie of Happy Days
Granny of Granny's Garden
Diane of Crafty Passions