About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Continuing Professional Education

 Good morning,

This week I'm completing a course to renew my Certified Public Accountant license in the State of Ohio.  Other professions (doctors,lawyers, etc.) have similar requirements.  Although I am not actively working, i.e., going to the office every day, I continue to keep my license current just because it's important to me. 

In Ohio, we need 120 hours of Continuing Education every three years;  this one is a fourteen hour course.  License requirements are similar in other states.  We can select the courses we want to take from an approved list of courses available. Catherine selects and buys courses for the number of CPAs in her practice to complete. The subject matter has to do with her client base.

I had to laugh when Catherine brought this course home from her office for me to complete.  Hmmm.  I wonder if it's a hint.  This is a fourteen hour course.  I've worked on it a couple of hours for two days this week.  The more I learn about the details of Long Term Care, the more I am determined to stay right here in my home until the hearse comes to take me away. 

I wonder what the subject of the next course will be.  ;) 

Happy Thanksgiving week!

Lois 

No comments: