About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

MedVet Visit with Wendy

 

 Good morning,

We made an early morning run to MedVet with Wendy last Sunday.  First, I'll tell you she's OK, second, I'll tell you the story:

I was up early to feed the pups Sunday morning.  Catherine was gone for four days and Daddy was still asleep.  Of course, the pups made sure I was awake to serve breakfast.

After they ate, Elsa and Wendy started romping in the living room, darting back and forth from the dining room, through the entrance hall, and making a sharp turn in front of the TV.  That's Wendy's leg in the image above, all bandaged after she went through the glass door of the entertainment center when she overshot her turn on the run.  

As soon as I saw the huge wound, I applied pressure which didn't do much good.  Then I called MedVet, woke Daddy, and loaded Wendy into the car for the emergency run to the doctor.

 

 We've taken our pups to MedVet before. 

 

Penny had her spleen surgery and Erik had his knee surgery here.  They do a great job and are available 24/7 for emergencies as we had last Sunday morning.

 When we got home, Wendy was very "out of it," of course.  This image was taken more than 12 hours later when we were unloading the car.  Wendy had jumped in again and was ready to go - anywhere, somewhere, just "get me out of here!"

 Wendy is already much better, even after the huge cut in her leg was stitched. I have followup pictures coming of her visit to her regular vet to have wound checked and her bandage changed.    Her stitches have to remain for two weeks.

Her wound was so big that she redecorated our blue living room carpet.  Until I started cleaning when we got home, it appeared there had been an axe murder! With all the blood in the living room, dining, room, entrance hall, kitchen, outside stairs, and car, I figured Forensic Files would have a hey day with Luminol trying to reconstruct what happened!

The most important thing is that Wendy will be just fine.  We are so very blessed to have MedVet close and open 24/7.  Our regular vet is terrific, too.  More images to come as the story unfolds.

Lois

3 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

I am glad she is feeling better and that the wound will heal nicely. Hope you got the red stains out of the carpet.

Sherry said...

Poor Wendy. Never thought anything could be funny about a dog receiving a serious injury, but that "ax murder" scene made me laugh till I almost cried!

Tanya said...

Oh! How scary! So good to hear that Wendy is okay! So good that there are 24/7 vets in your area! (None where I live.) When I was a child we had a Boxer that went through a sliding glass door when he tried to get to another dog. I'm sure the glass all around added to the chaos as you didn't want any of the other dogs to get hurt too!