About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Wild Morning Glories

Good morning,

The wild morning glories are pretty from a distance, but can cause havoc in the garden as they cover other plants and flowers.  It seems the tiny black ants are enjoying this one.

Back in the old days of a healthy back, I spent plenty of time in the garden pulling out unwanted plants and grooming those we wanted.  Now I sit back and appreciate almost all of them as they help themselves to my garden.

This particular critter has latched on to a rose bush.  I'll surely cut this wild morning glory back.  It will be good to get a few cooler days so I can spend some time outside.  I'll just let the flowers do their own thing while the temps are in the 90s.

Ah, Summer....

Lois

1 comment:

gigi-hawaii said...

Wow, that is a hot temperature. I would not want to work in my garden in that heat. Our highest here in Hawaii is 88F. The coolest is 74F.