About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, July 10, 2020

This Week's Work in Process

Good morning,

Here's the current Cables and Lace Sweater WIP.  I got it started, took this image, then after lots of television shows...
... the back is finished.  This sweater is a custom order so is spoken for, but similar sweaters are available in the shop.  Click here for more images and information.   I'm happy to take your custom order for a sweater in your size and choice of color.  Price depends on time and materials needed to make the size you need.

My right thumb gets very angry with me when I knit for too many hours in a a row, so...
...I have started a bright colors crochet baby blanket for the shop.  I'll make a "springy doll" to go with this one to make a precious baby shower or new baby gift.  Here's a similar blanket and doll in pink and white available in the shop.
I've made a few more of these cream color flowers for the next afghan blanket this week, too.  I have fewer than 20 more to make, then can start adding rounds of green for this Green Lovers afghan blanket.  So elegant.  More information and images about similar blankets here.
I'm in the process of designing a ripples sweater similar to a sweater I've already designed and is sold, but with ripples on all edges.  My very rough sketch is misleading because it appears the ripples are much larger than they will be.  My knitting designs are much better than my drawings (no kidding!), but I am able to get my ideas on paper as I start counting stitches and writing patterns.  I'm thinking this will be pretty with a yarn with color changes.  Stay tuned....

So, that's it this week from the South Coast of  Ohio.  What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the best,
Lois

------------------------------------------------------------
Come See What Else We've Made!
Original and Traditional
Hand Crafted Designs
Made in Ohio, USA
------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: