About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

This Week's Work in Process

Good morning,

I'm moving along on the current custom order Cables and Lace sweater. The front, back and first sleeve are finished.
The second sleeve is on the needles now.  I write my own patterns so when I design the sleeves, I use Excel to work out the increases row by row to match my gauge.  Every twelve rows is a pattern repeat so I place a safety pin at the side of my work whenever the pattern repeats.  It makes all kinds of sense to be able to check off each row on my chart and only have to count to 12 to know exactly where I am so all increases are exactly in the right places.  Similar sweater in the shop here.
This is the beginning of a baby blanket that is also a custom order.  Similar baby blanket in the shop here.
And, this baby blanket that I started last week is nearly finished.  This one will go in the shop when finished and I've made a doll to go with it.  Similar blanket and doll in the shop here.
Catherine brought me this yarn this week.  How nice!  I'm not sure what I'll make with it yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something fun.  The face masks and ear savers are very popular and every time I turn around I need more of them either for the shop or for someone here in town.  Most of this yarn is great for those.  Face masks and ear savers are in the shop here.

The cream colored flowers I showed you last time are still waiting for me to spend more time upstairs to work on them so that I can get another afghan in the shop.  We spend most of our time downstairs now because our fifteen year old pup, Penny, can't climb stairs anymore.  Instead of her coming upstairs to be with us as she did for so many years, we are hanging out downstairs with her.

 What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the very best,
Lois

----------------------------------------------------------------
Come See What Else We've Made
EvensensProductions.com
Original and Traditional
Hand Crafted Designs
Made in Ohio, USA
----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: