About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Back on the Road in Tennessee

Good morning,

After we took our side trip to a farm road in Tennessee (see yesterday's post) we got back on the main highway just in time to meet a thunder storm.
At least it wasn't cold enough to have ice on the roads.

We don't see so many of these Ruby Falls and Lookout Mountain barn paintings any  more.  We have visited both places.  That's a requirement for living in this part of the country.  ;)
 We were here in November when the weather was still quite warm.  These cute little characters were waiting for us outside our Dandridge, Tennessee, Hampton Inn.

Soon we'll be going the other way and back on the ship!

All the best,
Lois

6 comments:

Diana said...

I like the stormy photos!!
Love Di ♥

Montanagirl said...

Aw, I love the smiling little scarecrows! Cute.

grammie g said...

Hi Lois..Thunder storm, rain, and a tunnel ..that would have done me in right away eeeks..(I'm a chicken) haha!!
I really like that little log arn or what ever it is in yesterday's post!!
Nice trip
Grace

TexWisGirl said...

glad there was no ice for your travels!

River Glorious said...

Reminds me of Puerto Rico these days. It's been raining a lot, and it's also very windy. Normally I hate the cold, esp. because it aggravates a yet undiagnosed condition I have, but it's nice not to feel I am melting inside my own skin!

Happy Tuesday!

Gunn said...

The 3 top photos looks very much like they could have been here..... :)