About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Thanksgiving Christmas New Year's Cactus

 

Good morning,

My "Christmas" Cactus has been blooming on and off since last Thanksgiving.  No, I'm not complaining.  I really love it that we get the extended blooming period.  I'm sure it has to do with the differences in light and water from previous years when it would bloom only once just before Christmas.

So, all new blooms are welcome!  There are many blooms and buds ready to open on the plant right now.  I took the image above straight down from above the bloom.  So delicate, so pretty!

It's it's delightful to have pretty blossoms inside when it is so very cold outside.  

All the best,

Lois


1 comment:

angela said...

Such beautiful and forgiving plants.
While potting up mine one little bit broke off. I stuck it in a pot with with some bulbs in t it
And it took root. I gave it to a friend who was visiting from another state and she’s taken it home.
I hope it grows and blooms as pretty as yours for her