About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, September 9, 2023

Patio Container Garden

 Good morning,

Since my back doesn't cooperate with my sitting on the ground to garden, I have only been container gardening in recent years.

The pot you see in the image is filled with flowers grown from seeds.  I don't think I've ever had such a huge marigold before.  Very pretty.  

My tomatoes didn't do well this year, but I probably should have paid more attention to them.  I'll try again next year, but will start from plants.  This year I grew my tomato plants from seeds I had saved from last year's tomatoes.  I probably should have started them inside much earlier. 

At any rate, all of this is great fun.  It has been a challenge this year to keep baby Lily out of the container garden.  She especially likes the mint plant in the half barrel.  

We haven't used the smoker at all this year.  Our grilled food has been made by Catherine who likes to use the Weber kettle grill on the other side of the patio.  If we had used the smoker, we would have moved it away from the container garden.

So, I hope you've had a lovely Summer and are ready for Fall.  We are certainly ready for cooler weather here!

All the best,

Lois

No comments: