About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, September 1, 2023

First Marigold

 Good morning,

Last Spring I spread a variety of seeds in a large flower pot on my patio.  I do this every year with seeds I receive from non profit organizations to whom we give donations.  

This year the seeds seemed to take forever to bloom, but yesterday, finally, we had the first marigold blossom.  So pretty and so welcome!

I have also noticed flowers on the tomato plants that I grew from seeds.  I hope there is enough warm weather left for us to get some tomatoes.

How is your garden growing?  I enjoy seeing your blogs and all the lovely veggies you are harvesting now.  If my knees and back would permit more serious gardening, I would plant veggies, too, but for now, my container gardening is how I get potting soil under my fingernails.

All the best,

Lois

No comments: