About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, December 27, 2019

Work in Process This Week

Good morning,

Since the last update I have started and finished two hats and one poncho/capelet.   One of the hats and the poncho/capelet are available in the shop.  The other hat was a custom order.

Sometimes the larger projects can't be taken along when we go somewhere so I grab the needles, hooks, some yarn and go....

Progress.  That's what this is all about.  I've got knit and crochet projects strategically placed wherever my body might land throughout the day.  I can sit down and do a few rows here and a few rows there.  Things get finished faster than they would any other way.  Above is the sweater back I showed you last time and I'm happy to report it is moving along nicely even though this is a slower project than many others because of the detail work.  This sweater back is now about three fourths finished.  This is a custom order so will not appear in the shop, but there are similar items available in the shop ready to ship now.
My goodness this door snake is getting big.  It is ten inches in circumference and I stuff it as I go so it is getting somewhat awkward to handle.  I restrict work on this to my office chair where I can feed it through the armrest as I crochet and add stuffing.  It's now at 36" long.  When I get to 40" I'll begin the neck/head and happy open mouth and tongue.  This, too, is a custom order.  I keep telling myself I'll make one for the shop, but haven't gotten there quite yet.  ;)
This lap blanket may have gotten three or four more rows completed this week.  I'm so busy trying to get custom orders finished that this pretty blanket sits patiently waiting for my attention.  I'll be back, pretty blanket, I'll be back....  We have other lap blankets available to ship now in the shop.

What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the very best,
Lois

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come see what else we've made!
Original and Traditional Hand Crafted Designs
Made in the USA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments: