About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Zoom! Bird in Tree Across the Lake

Good morning,

Can you see the bird in the tree?
It's not the best quality, but here is the zoomed image.

There is an island in the middle of a lake at Viera Wetlands where the birds are able to nest and raise their young without outside interference.

If you ever get to the Melboune, Florida, area, be sure to save some time to visit the Viera Wetlands.

Lois

13 comments:

Mersad said...

You really lucked out then. Great bird!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Pamela Gordon said...

Do you know what kind of bird it is Lois? It really stands out with it's brown and white plumage.

Lois Evensen said...

No, Pamela, I don't. Perhaps some of our bird experts can help us here. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Smart birds who've found a place to raise their young and not be bothered by humans! :)

TexWisGirl said...

i've never seen an osprey in person. lucky you!

Montanagirl said...

That is one Wetlands I'd love to visit someday! Nice photos, and I LOVE your Header photo!!

Hootin Anni said...

I love the bird...one of my favorites around here.

Hootin Anni said...

ps...it's an osprey

Lois said...

I was going to say osprey too and then I read the comments! I usually see them perched up high near the water waiting to dive for a fish.

Vanessa Morgan said...

Lovely photography. And I'm absolutely mesmerized by that gorgeous dog from your header ;-)

Rose said...

Great that you noticed him...I got to capture my first one this past week. I think I have seen one other in my life...but it was flying so not positive.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks, Lois, for the travel "to see" trip. Our list of things to see on our eventual southern road trip keeps getting longer.

Julie Ferguson said...

Great shot!