About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Top Spot

 Good morning,

When we pulled into our driveway and I got out to open the gate I heard a tremendous noise from the treetop at the bottom of our driveway.

There at the top of the tree, about 70 feet in the air was a huge hawk screaming.  I don't know if it was a mating call or for some other reason.  Does anyone know why a hawk would do this?

Lois

2 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I think the hawk is proclaiming, "This is mine. 'All I see, I command.'"

Rose said...

I have never actually witnessed one calling...havecheard them lots of times. Maybe he was just doing that for the joy of being alive.