About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Work in Process This Week

Good morning,

It has been a busy week with the knitting needles and crochet hooks.  The front, back, and first sleeve of the current sweater are finished and...
...I've got the second sleeve started. 
This is the beginning of a cloche hat for the shop.   These have been flying out the door lately so I'm trying to keep up.
There is progress on the crochet lap blanket since my last WIP post.  I work on this when I am upstairs and to give my hands a rest from so much knitting.  All of these colors remind me of chocolate, caramel, vanilla cream. Yum!
I bought a pair of these gloves at JoAnn's quite some time ago.  They don't offer a whole lot of support, but they do bring warmth to my right thumb which has become quite sore from all of the abuse I give it with knitting needles.

I have another cloche hat started to replace one that just sold as well as a neck warmer I'm designing.  I have to spend some time going through my buttons to find just the right ones. Pictures coming next time....

If only I had more sets of hands and more hours in the day to keep up with all of the ideas....

What are you making, baking, growing this week?

All the best,
Lois

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Come see what else we've made!
Original and Traditional
Hand Crafted Designs
Made in the USA
-----------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Marit Johanne said...

You are busy with the needles and create beautiful projects. I have knitted mittens of thick yarn to get some of the stored yarn used. Now I am ready to start a sweater for myself.

Lois Evensen said...

Thank you, Marit Johanne, for your kind words. You make beautiful intarsia items (and others!) that I love seeing. Every time I see the gorgeous socks you knit, I tell myself to get busy and make socks. I have the yarn, I just haven't gotten to it yet!