About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

This Week's Work in Process

Good morning,

I took the sweater back pictured above with me yesterday to work on in a waiting room while My Honey had a routine appointment.  I also worked on it all evening and have finished about twice as much of the back as you see here.  This piece certainly drew attention in the waiting room!  The yarn is just gorgeous and people just had to ask me about it.  When finished, it will be a cables and lace sweater and is a custom order so it is my primary project.
I am playing around with a corner to corner crochet shawl for an alternative project when my knitting fingers just can't knit another stitch.  The yarn I am using will produce wide blended stripes.  This, too, is a very soft yarn and has a lovely feel to it.
My upstairs crochet project is now a striped baby or lap blanket.  I love these bright, happy colors. 

The neck warmer I showed you last week is still in the project bag.  I'll pull it out and add a few rows from time to time.  I still haven't taken the time to research available buttons in my craft room.  I will get back to it...eventually....

My Honey has completed several wood projects this week so I've spent a great deal of time photographing and listing them in the shop.   He is designing wood wall art currently and it is fabulous!   I'll be writing the monthly Needlework and Wood Working Update of everything we've finished in the last month by next week where you'll see all of his recent projects, too.

That's what we've been up to this week.  What are you making, baking, growing?

All the very best,
Lois

---------------------------------------------------
Come see what else we've made!
Original and Traditional
Hand Crafted Designs
Made in the USA
----------------------------------------------------   

1 comment:

cledder said...

Looks like you've been busy. I love the color of the sweater! I always like having a project with me anytime I'm waiting some place. It really does help pass the time and I feel like I'm getting something productive done.