About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Caterpillar Bread Centerpiece Planning

Good morning,

I'm in the planning stages of a new centerpiece made of bread.

Above are four loaves (half loaf size pans) with bread that I baked after shaping the dough in balls instead of loaves before baking.  When I'm ready to put it all together for a party centerpiece, I'll arrange these in a row and add...
...this round loaf for the head.  I'll add eyes and a smile, too, of course.  The round loaf looks larger in the picture than it actually is.  I made it in a small round corning bowl so the size is appropriate to be used as the caterpillar head.

This will be fun the next time we have the kids here for dinner.

Lois

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope you will post a picture of the finished project!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you will be able to feed a large group, Lois. And, like Michelle commented above, also hope you will share a photo of the finished caterpillar bread.