About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Marigolds

Good morning,

This year the flowers i planted in the two pots at the top of our front steps are marigolds.

I usually select red, white, and blue flowers to blend with our white and blue house, but this year is special.
As we walked through the garden department at Home Depot, My Honey saw these and said, "I remember these at my Grandmother's home."

That was enough for me to select marigolds for this year.

I took these images right after I planted the flowers.  They have already grown considerably and are covered with bright yellow and orange blooms.

I think they like it here. 

:),
Lois

1 comment:

Lois said...

They are so pretty!