About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Blooming Again

Good morning,

My African Violet is blooming once again. 

When I used to travel much more than I do now, the plant would survive for two to three months, but there would be no blooms.  I'm home now, checking the soil every day and, and of course, talking very nicely to her.  She pays me back with beautiful blooms. 

I have more house plants in a large basket that need to be separated.  I'm looking forward to a warm day so that I can do the re-potting outside on the patio where I can more easily sweep up the mess I will surely make.  Buried in that big basket is another African Violet.  I have no idea what color it is so I look forward to solving that mystery.  ;)

Ah, yes, flowers!

Lois

No comments: