About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Needlework Update - December, 2014

Good morning,

What a busy month it has been since the last Needlework Update!  We've traveled, we've enjoyed Christmas, much too much good food....  I hope you've had a great month, too.

Above is a custom order sweater in Berry Pink that has already been delivered and is now living happily in Texas.  I've made a number of pink items recently.  It's such a happy color!  I have a similar Aran/Off White Cables and Lace Sweater available in the shop at this writing.
This was certainly the month for hats!
I've had a fantastic time designing and making Nordic Intarsia technique hats.
Some have been spoken for and...
...delivered, but...
...there are several more available in the shop.
 This is a very special little hat that is only three inches high.  It was made to fit a friend's snowman. Hopefully, it won't keep him so warm that he melts!
To restock the shop, I made two more chemo caps in different...
...shades of pink.
The cowl scarf above and the one below...
...were also special orders and have been delivered.
I also "baked" some zero calorie cupcakes...
...that are pretty enough to eat, but don't eat them!
 This set is available in the shop all wrapped to make a great hostess gift. 
One set of luggage identifiers was produced this month.
And, finally, for something different, a soft emerald green sparkle dog coat - size small.  It will also fit cats.  This yarn is so very soft and cuddly.  So cute!

That's what flowed off the knitting needles and crochet hooks this month.  I love seeing what you are making and baking, too!

Thanks so much for your encouragement.  We now return to our regularly scheduled blogging.  ;)

All the very best,
Lois

----------------------------------------------------------
Hand Crafted Original and Traditional Designs
EvensensProductions.com
----------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

Beth said...

Lois, your hooks and needles must be burning!! The berry sweater is the prettiest I've ever seen; truly exquisite knitting. And I love the fair isle caps...I'm just getting my feet wet with this technique and love it (except for the yarn entanglements!).

A lovely, inspiring post. I hope 2015 brings you joy and creativity.

Warmly,

Beth

TexWisGirl said...

really nice multi-colored hats! very cute!

Mersad said...

These are very cute.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely, the hats and scarves.

Rick Watson said...

You do lovely work Lois. My sister crochets and also does embroidery for people.
She gets all the work she wants :)

Hootin Anni said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, how I covet your Santa Cupcake!!! That is precious.

Love all the needle work you've accomplished, but I must admit, the cowls caught my eye.

River Glorious said...

Needlework updates are good things. Lots of knitting here, I see. You're being lured to The Dark Side, haha!