About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

In Bloom

Good morning,

We have a few logs still to be split behind our home.  We're not able to cut the grass between the logs so the area is trying to reforest itself.  ;)  The dandelions are actually quite pretty, aren't they.  I used to go out and chase each one down on a search and destroy mission, but now I don't worry about them so much.  We don't use chemicals on the lawn mostly because of the dogs.  As long as the grass gets cut and looks green from the street, we are happy.

The logs will be split by a friend this summer so we won't see them out there when we return from the ship the next time.
The honeysuckle are also in bloom now.  They have such a beautiful aroma and so many bees!  :)
Also in bloom is this gorgeous bouquet My Honey gave me for Mothers Day.  How sweet.  :)

All the best,
Lois

8 comments:

from Madrid said...

Now, in the spring, you have much work, the enthusiasts flowers.

Tomás.

Montanagirl said...

Beautiful bouquet!

Lois said...

I have the same philosophy about my lawn too and it seems to work out just fine. My grandchildren enjoy my dandelions!

TexWisGirl said...

i like all your blooms. :)

VP said...

Some nice wild flowers, but your bouquet is lovelier...

Rose said...

I love the smell of honeysuckle...takes me back to childhood almost instantly.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Belated MD wishes, Lois and the floral arrangement was quite beautiful.

Elaine said...

No matter how careful you are the dandelions still pop up, so a more relaxed attitude about them is a lot better for your health. We haven't had any go to seed yet this year, but I plucked my first blooming one a few days ago.