About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Snack on a Cold Winter's Night

Good morning,

It has been strange weather the last couple of weeks.  Cold one day, warm the next, cold the next....  It was cold yesterday so it was a good day to stay home to bake some bread, knit, and watch a movie.

Above is my Honey Egg Bread after the first rise and in the pans for the second rise.
About 45 minutes later, it was ready to bake.
35 minutes later it had filled the house with wonderful aromas and was on the cooling rack.
A little later in the evening while watching a movie we had a fresh bread and Norwegian Jarlsberg cheese snack.  Yum.  Oh, yes, and a little dry white wine was nice, too.

What is your favorite snack on cold winter nights?

Enjoy,
 Lois

13 comments:

Marit Johanne said...

That looks so yummy! Maybe I should go and try your recipe now. Here it is snowing today and it could be nice with a snack like that. But I don't have any breadmaking machine, so I will make them the "old" way.

MyCretanlife said...

Your bread looks so nice. I like mine fresh from the oven with lots of butter. We like oat cakes and cheese for a quick snack when we are cuddled up watching telly.

Gail said...

Nothing as wonderful as the smell of fresh bread.

Nedra said...

I can almost smell the bread baking from here! Yum!

Sherry said...

LOL! Everytime I see (or smell!) fresh baked bread from the oven, it reminds me of the time when my sons were little. I made raisin cinnamon bread. Yes, it smelled great and tasted even better. One of my sons was so taken with this bread that he started eating it like a starving wild animal! I said, "John, slow down. No one is going to take it away from you!"

Ellie said...

Oh I love the smell of freshly made bread. I'm afraid I use the lazy way and use a bread maker but it's much better that shop bought bread.

VP said...

Dinner time here, I would really like to try this bread!

momto8 said...

oh yum..fresh bread probably comes straight from heaven!

Montanagirl said...

Popcorn! But your bread sure does look delicious!!

Rose said...

Oh, that looks delicious! I have not made bread in years. I really need to do that again.

Jan n Jer said...

I can close my eyes n take in the aroma. That is my kind of snack!

Jack said...

It looks delicious, Lois. My favorite snack? Whatever the host is serving. I am an equal opportunity omnivore.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lois, this is definitely our type of snacking as we do not buy Chios or dips...but give us some cheese and bread and we are happy and homemade fresh bread is heaven.