About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Road Trip!

Good morning,

We're on our way!  We love road trips and this time we are going to visit Number One Son and family in Virginia.
Today's images are part of the first leg of our trip through Ohio farm land.
It's sunny and cold.  The roads are dry so it's a wonderful day to enjoy a winter drive.
Blue skies!
 I brought along my knitting, but didn't get very much done because I was so busy taking pictures.
 This is the exit to go around Columbus, Ohio. We'll go into the hills of Eastern Ohio, then on to West Virginia....

To be continued!  I hope you enjoy our trip with us.

All the best,
Lois

15 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Safe travels, Lois and where in VA will you be visiting? Most likely not near where we live on the VA eastern shore, but you would be welcome to drop on anytime you are in the area. Enjoy your late celebration...nice to have it last.

MyCretanlife said...

Hi Lois,
Your always off cadding around. You know how to enjoy yourselves. Have a great time and Christmas with your son and family.

Jan n Jer said...

Looks like a good travel day..enjoy

Rose said...

Have a safe trip!

Pat said...

Stay safe! Lots of snow on the roads! Enjoy your trip!

Kathy said...

I was surprised to see you knitting in the car. My mother would never allow me to handle any kind of sharp objects while we were driving!

Montanagirl said...

Nice! We were over to Columbus, OH back in 2007 when we went to the big air show there "Mustangs and Legends". Was a great trip, but I DID NOT like all the traffic!

Gail said...

Hope you stay clear of the deep snow. Enjoy your visit.

VP said...

Love your road trips and I am very curious about this destination!

rkbsnana said...

I am sure you have made many trips since I've been missing in blogland action. Enjoy

Marit Johanne said...

You're on the road again! Enjoy your time with the family. I made your Honey-Egg Bread, and it was very good!

Home on the Range said...

Have a safe trip Lois and I hope you bypass all the stormy weather.

Lois Evensen said...

Hi Everyone,

Beatrice, our destination was Northern VA near DC. Thanks so much for your very kind invitation to stop by. :)))

Kathy, I'm being very careful with my knitting needles. Actually, it's pretty rare that I have them out in the car because I like to take pictures while we are on the move.

Montanagirl, yes, the traffic can be a pain, but this time only in the DC area. For an event last night we took a cab each way. It was pricey, but definitely worth NOT driving and parking.

VP, our destination was to visit our #1 Son and family. We were there to celebrate Christmas and an event where he now works. He just was named President and he had a reception to thank the outgoing President.

Marit Johanne, I'm delighted to hear you like the Honey Egg Bread. It is a big time favorite here. :))

Thanks, everyone, for all of your good wishes. The weather has been pretty good for February.

All the best,
Lois

Jack said...

Don't pass by Columbus! Stop there. I loved my six years there.

Some time when you have another yearning for a road trip, head up to Columbus for a few days and bring me some pix of German Village and the Short North.

Lois Evensen said...

Jack, I know Columbus well. And, I know German Village well. I was on (too many) committees in the Ohio Society of CPAs so was in Columbus (actually Dublin) often. One of our favorite spots for dinner was in German Village. :)