About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Booties - Knit

Good morning,

I have the knitting needles out again.
I made those little booties from a pattern I found in knitsimple, one of my favorite magazines. 
The booties are used to display various types of yarn featured in the magazine;  the pattern is available on page 92.
Of course, I can't help but make a hat to match.  I'm working on that now and will share the simple pattern as soon as it is finished and I take a picture of it.  It is going very fast so that should be tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Lois

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Cute cute!!!

Sue

grammie g said...

Hi Lois...My aren't they the cuties little things!!
I like the style;somewhat like a sock!!

You must remember the fancy ones with the little ties that never stayed on there feet with the cute little hats that was always to big with the ribbon ties that wouldn't stay tied and the sweater that they outgrew first!! : }
My Mom always had one on the go for my sisters children and my girls...still have some!!

Montanagirl said...

Those little booties are just precious. Our daughter is expecting her first baby in May, but they don't really want to know whether it's a boy or girl. They'd like to be surprised. Her mother-in-law showed her a little about knitting when they visited this past July. I sent Mandy a link to your blog. I think she'd enjoy it.

Lois Evensen said...

Good morning,

Yes, Grammie g, I do remember those beautiful soft little lacy booties that wouldn't stay on. The ones picture here are much more substantial and will surely stay where put.

Montanagirl, this was truly a simple pattern in garter stitch. It shouldn't be a problem for a new knitter to make them. I hope Mandy enjoys my blog, too.

Thank you, everyone, for stopping by.

Very best,
Lois

Olive Knitting said...

Nice booties. I might make a pair for myself for the winter! I've been looking for a new knitting mag subscription...what do you think of Knit Simple?