About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Men's Belly Flop Contest - Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas


Good morning,


If you are a regular reader you know I spend a lot of time traveling and and much of that travel is on cruise ships.

Today's images of the Men's Belly Flop Contest aboard Royal Caribbean's Majesty of the Seas are just plain fun.  The guys who volunteer for this event are cheered on by those around the pool.  Cruise Staff records the rankings by the audience to determine the winners. The winners receive large medals that they generally wear around their necks for the rest of the cruise.

Surprisingly, sometimes it's the slimmer guys who make the biggest splashes!

I happened to be walking on deck 12 when this event was starting so I stopped and took lots of pictures. I didn't have a "big camera" with me, but I did have my Sony Powershot "baby camera" in my pocket. That camera did a great job of catching the action. These are just a few of the more than 100 pictures that I took.

If it is a cold day where you are today, perhaps these pictures will bring a warm smile.

Enjoy,

Lois

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: