About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, September 2, 2024

Labor Day - USA

 Good morning,

Well, here it is the end of summer already!  Labor Day, the unofficial end of summer, is a day to celebrate all who work.

It's also a day to have that last cook out of the summer.  In our household, though, we cookout year round.  Catherine has been known to grill the Thanksgiving turkey while it is snowing.

We are looking forward to cooler days of Fall.

To my USA readers:  Enjoy your holiday!

Lois

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Catherine puts me to shame! I keep saying I want to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. But the truth is, once is turns cold and snowy, I lose interest in firing up the smoker. I have friends who tell me I don't know what I'm missing. So maybe I'll overcome my hangup of winter smoking.