About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Cookie Jar Collection

 Good morning,

When we remodeled our kitchen years ago, we had shelving built near the high ceilings.  Pictured is only one part of the shelving holding part of my cookie jar collection and other treasures.  

The swan vase was my mother's and I am delighted to have it and to display it. To the right of the swan vase is a hand made, hand painted casserole dish that was my mother's. I have pictures of my mother using it more than 100 yeas ago.   I don't use it because I don't want to damage it.  I'm concerned the beautiful design wouldn't withstand heavy use and it definitely shouldn't be put in the dishwasher.

 That cookie jar with cookies on it was popular 50 years ago;  my mother had one and I liked it so much she bought one for me.  Thanks, Mom!  The Yellow and Black Labradors toward the left were gifts from my brother and his wife.  I'm not sure where the yellow hydrant cookie jar came from, but a good bet it is from a raffle at our dog club.

And, finally, those four canisters to the right are Pfaltzgraff that I picked up on sale fifty years ago.  There are delicate flower designs on them.  While teaching at the University of Cincinnati, I met a professor by that name at a faculty meeting.  Yes, he is part of the Pfaltzgraff family.  How fun!

I have more cookie jars in boxes in the basement.  I've run out of shelf space so am no longer "collecting" them.  ;) 

What do you collect?

All the best,

Lois

No comments: