About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Work in Process This Week

 Good morning,

On the needles this week is this intarsia knit hat.  Well, I think it will be a hat.  I'm developing a new design and a hat is a great way to test it out without committing to a bigger project.  I'll show it to you when I get it finished.

 I have finished the back of this sweater that I showed you last time, as well as the front and have joined the two at the shoulders with a three needle bind off for a neat and tidy flat seam.  I'm working on the first sleeve now.  I write out my patterns for sleeves with Excel so I can compute where I want increases, then print it all out so I can check it off row by row as I knit.  This sweater is a local custom order.

I have other things in my sketch book, too, that will be fun to get started.  I have some pretty gray wool textured yarn that will be a beautiful shawl.  I've also still got the off white baby sweater next to my knitting chair that will take center stage after I've finished the basket weave sweater pictured above.

What are you making, baking, growing this week?  I love reading so many of your blogs and seeing what you are doing and making!

All the very best,

Lois

No comments: