About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Friday, August 21, 2020

Rice The Way Mom Made It

Good morning,

Catherine made rice in the rice cooker before she left for work one day this week.  She said, "Help yourself," and so I did. 

For some reason the way my Mom served it came to mind.  Well, Mom served it many different ways, but this one was always a favorite.  That's rice with butter and cinnamon in the picture.  Yum!  It was my lunch and the rest of the rice in the cooker went to the four pups for lunch.  Actually, Penny, our senior lady got a nice sized helping, while the others each got a generous taste.  We are trying to put a little weight back on Penny.  She loves her food and this rice hit the spot, too, but it is very hard to keep weight on her.

We like rice just about any way it is served and with so many different foods.  How do you like your rice?

Lois


2 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

Oh, I like Uncle Ben's.

Tanya said...

Oh dear... My Japanese husband would cringe if he thought I was putting butter and sugar and cinnamon on my rice! It has to be PLAIN WHITE! NO FLAVOR! Trust me it does go best with Japanese food (which we eat).