About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

My Cincinnati Chili

Good morning,

Cincinnati is famous for chili, but this is MY Cincinnati Chili.  One of the very important, main differences between my chili and that of Skyline and Gold Star Chili is that I drain my hamburger after it is browned. 

I add kidney beans, chopped onion, chili powder, a dash of cinnamon and ginger, minced garlic and let it all simmer for awhile.
I cook up some spaghetti...
...and stack it all on a plate topped with cheese and chopped onions.

Yum!

BTW, this is the chili my Mom made long before we ever ate the commercial Cincinnati chili.  Of course, I'm partial to Mom's chili.  ;)

Enjoy!
Lois

2 comments:

gigi-hawaii said...

Looks delicious. I might try your recipe.

DUTA said...

Great dish, great photos!