About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, January 7, 2019

Another Appetizer and a Beautiful Heirloom Tablecloth

Good morning,

Catherine made salami and cream cheese rolls for one of our holiday dinners. 

I served it on an embroidered linen tablecloth that I inherited from my mother. I'm not sure if it was my mother or grandmother who embroidered it, but it is beautiful.  It is very small so when I use it on a dinner table I put it in the middle and over a plain table cloth.

I remember my mother teaching me the lazy daisy stitch.  There are so many of them on this pretty cloth.

Isn't it wonderful to have items that have been handed down from those wonderful women who taught us so much!

All the best, 
Lois

1 comment:

Marit Johanne said...

Oh, yes it is so nice to use items like this. When I use something like that, I feel a connection to the past and the one who made it.